Monday, January 5, 2009

TEA CONNEXIONS ANNIVERSARY

Dear Tea Friends,

Here are some quotes to begin 2009 with.

"Leap, and the net will appear."
-Julie Cameron-

"Everything you want is out there waiting for you to ask. Everything you want also wants you. But you have to take action to get it."
-Jack Canfield-

"Jump into the middle of things, get your hands dirty, fall flat on your face, and then reach for the stars."
-Joan L. Curcio-

"Your actions, and your action alone, determines your worth."
-Johann G. Fichte-

"Do not wait; the time will never be 'just right.' Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along."
-Napoleon Hill-

2009 marks two milestones for the business and my family.

First, my wife and I will celebrate our 10th anniversary this month.


We were married on January 26th, 1999. From my story and the history of the company, you will realize that Suruchi and I not only started our lives together in 1999, but also this tea business. I still remember the day we met with our supplier in February, 1999; Suruchi chose the first 15 products that we launched this company with. Since then, our first child, Tea Connexions, was born and is slowly maturing. Our second child, Shivam, turns 4 this month as well, so this is a very historic month for us.


Second, 2009 marks the 10th year of tea importation. Our first warehouse was my 200 square foot office. I have fond memories of those days. Every morning I would come to my office and face a stack full of boxes packed full of tea. From these humble beginnings, I began planning and mapping out my tea distribution strategy. From this spark of an idea, we began to grow and with that so did our need for warehousing. Our first warehouse was 100 square feet, then 300 square feet, then 1000 square feet, and today, we warehouse most of our inventory in our US facility and house our corporate head quarters in a 2,500 square foot office in Kingston, ON, only about 30 minutes from our US warehouse. It has been an exciting 10 years. Cheers!


We look forward to mentoring many new aspiring teapreneurs and shipping out many orders to new and existing customers.


The tea business is projected to grow from $7.4 billion to $15 billion in the next five years. If you are considering starting a business, this is the perfect time to start a tea business with Tea Connexions particularly because of the market advantages that we offer.

On behalf of the Tea Connexions family, I want to thank you for helping me achieve my dreams.

Be Happy! Be Grateful!

Live with Passion!

Drink Tea and Prosper!

Cheers!

Best Regards,

Sanjay Gupta
President/CEO

No comments: