Wednesday, December 31, 2008

NEW YEARS WISH FROM TEA CONNEXIONS

Dear Tea Friends,

We have reached the last day of 2008. What a year it has been!

Right now, I am very happy to have my family back safe and sound after their 30 hour journey from India. Suruchi and Shivam are a bit tired, but happy to be back at home. I must admit, I was missing them dearly as they have been away since November 17th.


Currently, we are resting, relaxing, and looking forward to a busy 2009. January is a special month because our son turns 4 plus Suruchi and I celebrate 10 years of marriage. Interestingly, 2009 also marks 10 years of tea importing. Amazing, time sure flies when you are having fun.

Like most business owners we have faced challenges, but it has been worth every moment because we are living our lives according to our terms. Looking back, would I have done anything different? Absolutely! Like all entrepreneurs I have made some mistakes, but I regret nothing. Decisions were made and we have moved forward. I, however, have learned so much the past 10 years that I think the next 10 will be that much better. The key is to keep on learning, never look back, and just keep on persisting!



Wishing you all the best in 2009 and beyond. I encourage you to leave your comfort zone and live your life with passion!

I left my comfort zone and started my first business in 1994--14 years ago. At the time, I was a caretaker. I haven't look back and encourage you to do the same. Don't get me wrong, owning a business takes time, work, and effort; but I think the key is that you are the one who is making the decisions. Owning a business, in short, empowers you to shape your destiny and control your future.

To mark 10 years in the tea business, we have planned a special promotion that will begin on Tuesday, January 6th. Details will be released via e-mail and on this blog on Monday, January 5th, so keep an eye on your e-mail plus bookmark and visit this blog often.

Be Happy! Be Grateful!

Drink Tea and Prosper!

Cheers!

Best Regards,

Sanjay Gupta
President/CEO

No comments: